Monday, April 25, 2011

Corn Chowder turned Cheesey Veggie Soup


It started just like any other Saturday morning. I was looking at recipes to  make my monthly menu. I found a recipe for Corn Chowder (my husband's favorite). I noticed that I had everything for the recipe so I decided to make my version for lunch!

I got the crockpot out and started pouring in the following:
1 bag of frozen corn
1/2 bag frozen peas
3 carrots sliced
3 celery stocks slices
1 onion sliced
3 cups of chicken stock
2 cups cubed ham
1-2 potatoes cubed
cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.

After cooking for that amount of time, the chowder called for evaporated milk and other goodies. Well I went and got my evaporated milk out.... only to realized it was old. So then I immediately start to think... What to do with this crock pot full of veggies that I have nothing to do with now.

Well you add:
8oz cream cheese
8oz shredded cheese ( I used colby jack in the soup)
Parsley
Salt and Pepper
** add more chicken stock or water if the soup gets way too thick
Let cook for about another 30-45minutes or until cheese is melted!
Yummy goodness in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment