Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fruit Cobbler


Last Saturday morning I went into my fridge to make some breakfast and I found a bunch of fresh fruits I had kind of forgotten about. I really wanted to use them before they went bad. So I started thinking of things I could make with them.
I stumbled upon a cobbler recipe and decided to make it. I looked more like a cake recipe than a cobbler!

1/3 cup butter                                                  1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar                            1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder                            1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Then I added almost a pint of blueberries, a pound of sliced strawberries, and a sliced gala apple.
Preheat oven to 375F. Add butter to an ungreased 9x13” baking pan and place in oven to melt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, milk, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. This batter will be thin with a few little clumps
Pour batter into the pan. The butter will move to the cover the edge of the batter.
Pour fresh or frozen fruit over the top of the cobbler.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment